Print reaches into the unknown and back again. It moves between disciplines, through the musical and the literary, the cinematic and the edible, the theatrical and the architectural. As it oscillates, it ignites new ideas, investigations and innovations. And, it returns re-imagined.
Saturday, July 27 from noon to 6 pm
at Hubbard Street Lofts
1821 W. Hubbard Street
Chicago, IL 60622
FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- Artist & writer Tony Fitzpatrick in conversation with Fred Sasaki
- Printshop demos with Brad Vetter & Alex Valentine
- Free jazz performances curated by Elastic Arts Foundation with Michael Zerang, Fred Lonberg-Holm, Paul Giallorenzo, & Aaron Zarzutzki
- Readings and broadsides curated by Woodland Pattern with poets Anne Kingsbury, Lewis Freedman, & Anna Vitale
- Poetics Theater with the Danny’s Reading Series
- Conversations with Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum, Detroit Wood Type Co. & Signal Return
- Reading and conversation with writer and visual artist Mary Burger
- Risograph demos with SPARE
- Workshops on surrealist poetry, bookmaking, & bookbinding
- Summer spritzers by Hornswaggler Arts & WBC-Goose Island Root Beer and Spicy Ginger courtesy of the WIT Beverage Company
- Sweet treats by Ice3 Ice Cream & savory snacks by 5411 Empanadas
- On-the-spot tote bag screen printing by Spudnik Press Cooperative
- Read/Write Library’s BiblioTreka Mobile Library
Plus books, magazines, & ephemera from all over!
Printers Ball 2013 is presented in partnership with Spudnik Press Cooperative Printshop and Annex, Platform, Johalla Projects, The Post Family, Simple Honest Work, and IAEOU. Made possible by the Poetry Foundation and Poetry magazine.
Sponsors include WIT Beverage and French Paper.